Sunday, April 5, 2009

james and the giant bambo

i bought a bamboo. from one of the best stores ever. target. about 3 years ago. i decided my cubical at the time. needed some greenery. an element from the outdoors. so for $10. over lunch. i brought back the bamboo. twojulies saw mine. (if i remember correctly). was marveled. so for her birthday that year i bought her a bamboo for her office. since the original purchase. i am on my third job. during that time i moved from a cube to an office at second job. at current job i have moved cubical location three times. each time. i pack up all my shit. and yes i have a lot of decorations for the space. and the bamboo has not only lasted all these moves. she has grown. wildly. to the point where her leaves go over my cubical wall. and i am afraid management might ask me to take her home. she is out of control. see exhibit a. and b.


i filed my tax returns for the first time. on my own. since i have decided i will officially be old this year on my birthday. it was time to take matters into my own hands. i had a little difficulty deciding my residency. since i have tags/plates in one state. and i live in another. but with one call to mother. it was resolved.

the house where i am dog sitting this week. they have the air freshener sprays. that are on a timer. when i let the pups out in the morning. i then nap on the couch so i can hear when they want to come in. the air freshener. woke me up out of a dead sleep. and scared me. it also startled one of the dogs this afternoon. so its not just me. i think the makers should add a silence feature.

i got screwed yesterday. ha. just wanted to say that. i saw i had a flat tire. luckily i was across the street from a tire shop when i noticed. they fixed it. and told me to stop driving over screws. so clever.

3 comments:

Joanna said...

I bet if you re-pot it in a bigger container, it will grow into a huge tree. Nice green thumb, Gib!

ellenclare said...

I killed my plant. I need something.........

twojulies said...

i still have the one you gave me, too. and it is also crazy. but not as crazy as yours. wth are you supposed to do with them when they get this big?