Tuesday, January 19, 2010

pondering

what is the etiquette for taking down christmas decorations? is there really a deadline? before the next holiday, since some christmas decorations could fall into 'winter theme'. probably not my tin santa who says ho, ho, ho, to me when i watch tv. but when stores start putting the crap out in august. i like to think i can keep it up until. oh atleast valentines day or st. patty's. dont you think?

will all the snow across from my work building melt? the city has piled mounds and mounds of snow on the grassy area. i think its atleast 9 feet high. of icy. dirty. ugly. snow. i dont think it will melt anytime soon. its going to melt into a swamp. which is a perfect breeding ground for mosquitoes. which then leads to west nile disease. if i live until my next birthday in june. it might be a miracle. if the giant mosquitoes have not carried me away. or worse bitten me to death.

when will spring get here? or do i want it since of what was said above.

can i in fact run a half marathon? i think i can. i think i can.

has my landlord lost her marbles? yes, years ago. i think she also turned down the tempature of the heat in the building. one good thing the radiators dont clank like they used to. but it gets chilly. so much so. i have had to use the amish space heater she provided. i know her trick. lower the gas heat. so that we pay for our own electricity. judy!

can i figure out this router issue with my home internet? yes i caved. i now have that thing they called the world wide web at my home. get out the snow shovel, i am out of the ice ages. i still have my rabbit ears though. not going back to cable for awhile.

why did they chop down the tree in front of my apartment? i will count the rings tonight. to see how old it was. it was a source of shade. it was beautiful to look down the street in the fall. but now there is a huge bare spot. it was not dead. just a few limbs that needed trimming. last week they just took branches off. yesterday its gone. only a stump. reminded me of a classic childrens' book - the giving tree. makes me cry every time!

No comments: