Tuesday, May 4, 2010

day 5 - week-in-the-life

i hate getting up early. its painful. my eyes feel puffy. sometimes my stomach hurts. and i am just plain cranky. so when mother walked into my old bedroom at 5:30 am. from my teenage years. now a mix match of some of my old stuff. and her things. i stayed in bed for awhile. delayed the process. and yelled for zola. i heard her tags jingling. and before long she was there. at the top of the stairs. so excited to see me. she jumped and landed right on my stomach. making her cute groans when i scratched her ears. and she gave me lots of kisses. it easier getting up when you have this cute face - right in your face. i didnt have her for the 5:30 am wake up call on the way home. i was super grouchy.

so i moved my lazy bones. from the bed to the back of the car. with my pillow. curled up. and slept until we made it to lincoln. we had breakfast. then i went back to sleep. although. sleeping in the car isnt the same. lets be honest. when my dad has oldies blasting from the radio. and the sun shining from the windows. not to mention the car actually moving. i wouldnt call this soundful sleep. i was up and ready for lunch by the time we made it to broken bow. just in time for a runza. i know i have raved about these before. the meaty pouch of goodness. love them. its a must stop place for lunch. or i get them at the football games. yum!


to stay awake. and to do my part in this road trip. (other than complain). i drove the rest of the way to grannys. a couple of hours of open highway. in the middle of nowhere. surrounded by giant sandhills. here are a few pictures from the road to my cousins house. going back to the town. nothing by country and sky. and some black cows. mooo!

No comments: