Wednesday, July 28, 2010

buzzzzz

i havent actually lived at my apartment for a long time. brief one night stops. or drop off a suitcase. fill it with new clothes. and off i go. this past saturday. on one of my visits to the homestead. i noticed a wasp flying around in the bedroom. there is also one on the porch. how they get in. i have no clue. i didnt think much of it. i left. figured it would be dead upon my return.

the night i got back. i didnt see her. the wasp didnt even come to mind. until. until last night. right before bed. she flew across the bedroom. she then settled on the ceiling. right above my head. i didnt want to make her mad. or do anything that might cause me to be attacked. so i texted mother. 'the wasp is still alive in my room.' she replied - 'oh no! wait til it lands n smash it.' what? no, no mother. i cant smash it now. so i let her know - 'it's right above my bed! on the ceiling.' she then understood. and gave me her best motherly advice - 'get wasp spray 2morrow, pray tonite. good nite.'

i survived. the wasp is still alive. before falling asleep, i would open an eye to make sure she hadnt moved. she stayed there all night. until this morning. she flew back over to the ceiling above my dresser. i leave tonight. so no need to kill her. she could be like a guardian angel. i just kept thinking, she is probably afraid of me more.

1 comment:

Joanna said...

This cracked me up. And I love Pat's text advice. She is a wise woman.