Wednesday, March 25, 2009

timing

i had one of those moments this evening. i felt like i was in the middle of a movie. the connections. the way my story linked together. felt unreal. i was packing up to leave work. when i looked down and saw the samples i needed to fedex to a client. for arrival tomorrow. dang it! so i booted my laptop back up. made the fedex label. stuck everything in the envelope. ready to go. our office fedex pick up is at 4:30. lame. so i knew i needed to go across the street. it was just past six. and the fedex box pickup over there is 6:30. when walking out of the building to my car. i bumped into a coworker. also dog sitting client. we chatted about the weather. mentioned getting together soon with his wife for drinks. yadda yadda. we got in our cars and drove off.

i had been on the rode for about 5 mins. thinking how much i hated work today. and how it will be like this for atleast another month. dwelling on my own pity party. when i realize. crap. the fedex was still in my front seat. i was close to downtown. i used to work down there. and knew of a fedex/kinkos location. i drove up. and there was one parking spot right outside the store. perfect. it wasnt 6:30 yet. i had made it in time. i walked in and they were vacuuming. after a VERY unhelpful. rude. basically acting like i was shit out of luck. and thats all they could do for me. while still typing on her computer. they told me they had no way of looking up the box locations that were close by. but one location that came up was in a parking garage. one block down. i think they wanted me to get mugged. or basically did not care what happened to me. just as long as i left.

after walking pass a couple of parking garages. with no fedex boxes. i decided to walk back to my car. and head back to the location by work. which they assured is a 7:00 pickup. this reiterated my hatred for kinkos. all the late. camping out in kinkos. nights in college. for projects. they hated us. and it was mutual.and i will continue my hatred. so i turned the corner and headed back in the opposite direction of my dog house destination. where i am currently staying. downtown has so many stop lights. so not only being pissed about the kinkos. i was now even more irritated at sitting forever at red lights. finally the light turned green. so i pumped the gas. a lady in a orange trench coat (i am kind of obsessed with colored trench coats right now. i finally found a light blue one i love) decided to cross the street in front of me. right when the light turned green. i screamed. when i get mad at traffic. thats when i scream. then i noticed. a package in her hand. a fedex package to be exact. i crossed the intersection. pulled to the side. and watched her go into the bank of america building. i then pulled into the next parking garage that closed at 7. which turned out to be maze. parked. rode the elevator. made it into the lobby. to the top of the escalator. just in time to see the woman in the orange trench coat. walking toward the front door. and exiting the building. no longer holding the fedex package. i went down the escalator. and walked around looking for the box. nothing. back up the escalator. scaling the second floor of the lobby for a fedex drop box. nothing. then there was a help desk. i did just that. i asked for help. and was led to the box. it was downstairs. behind a hidden door. in a back hallway. i never would have found it solo. i really dont think i should have been back there. it was the mail room of this building. but there it stood. with a 7:00 pm pick up. covered in other envelopes. the fedex drop box. i stacked mine atop. and turned to leave. with a bit of a kick in my step.

on another note. a cube mate started making hard boiled eggs for breakfast. and eating them at her desk. of course this produces an awful smell. i couldnt handle it the other morning. so i blurted out to her. asking if that was an egg. or was she passing gas. (just throwing it out there). she laughed and confirmed the egg. i then complained of the smell. (she also paints her nails at her desk. her smells and my nose do not mix). after whining about the smell. she then told me. she hates the smell of maple syrup from my desk every morning. when i eat my maple & brown sugar oatmeal at my desk. i replied. with oh i didnt realize it was so strong. point taken. but my argument is still worth more. i dont think anyone would pass out from smelling syrup. eggs. that might cause death. ha.

and to end the post about timing. i will go back to an archived posting. it is was written 3 years ago. but on my blog on myspace. which ended as quickly as i started it. but i go back to this posting. as this is the house i am currently sitting at. i feel sleep deprived. with not only 3 dogs. a cat that sleeps in between my legs. they also have cuckoo clocks...

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Current mood: indescribable

I have broken the seal, as Valissa said on St. Patty's Day..."Dont break the seal, then you'll have to pee like every 10 minutes." Well I hope I dont start blogging every 10 minutes, that might really put a damper on my productivity at work.

I have finally found a topic that might be blog material. Even though I think many people might find my everyday life just as amusing...I found a specific topic, my other job. As many of you know, and some of you might not know I have a second job of dog sitting. It started as a mear favor for a friend and has turned into a business. New business cards should be coming soon, as I am becoming a hot commodity. Anyway so I have my normal list of clients, that I will share stories about periodically...as my adventures with them happen.

This week I have found myself living at a new client's house and watching their 3 dogs and ancient cat. The dogs are fine, a little gasy...but what dog is not? The thing about this house is the damn cuckoo clocks. There is not just one, but multiple clocks. And they are of course, not all set at the same time. So every top of the hour here is like a celebration. A freakin' celebration of time. I dont need a reminder like this...that my life has just wasted away for the past hour. I especially dont need a reminder at 5 o'clock in the morning. Yes they even have a clock in the bedroom. I mean, WTF?

So as I write this, know that it is past the top of the hour, so the celebration of another hour has just ended. And when you wake up tomorrow morning in your own bed and hit the alarm clock, with that annoying buzzing in your ear...I ask you to give thanks that you atleast know how to shut it off.

1 comment:

katie said...

ah, i remember that good ol' cuckoo clock story :)

i used to have the same problem with the maple sugar oatmeal, my coworkers all said it smelled really strong-but not in a bad or complaining way. worst office smell of all has to be that time i microwaved broccoli at GD. do you remember that?! STINK.BOMB. you're welcome everyone :)