Friday, May 29, 2009

emails from dad

i cant tell you where he is. or what he is doing. but i can give you a good chuckle.

one
Our accommodations isn't exactly a hotel. More like a one story dorm. the toilet and showers building is two hundred yards across the sand from our building. Makes for interesting trips in the middle of the night. Well that's enough complaining for one night so I am off to rest awhile. Love, Dad

two
My night walks are indeed interesting. I have seen Khaki colored praying mantis, other night people, lizards, and plenty of sand. Just like the first scene out of the first STAR WARS movie, where Luke lives. ... Love, Dad

three
Last night I saw one of the sand people. you know the little hooded creatures who scavage the desert landscape looking for R2D2 and C3PO. Whooooosh. I played ping pong last night in a tent. After an hour of intense playing I was ready to relax and sleep. We are expecting a significant dust storm today. 30 Mph hot winds, temperature of 117 degrees. Whooosch. Whine, Whine, Whine. That's about it for now from planet Grooght. Love, Dad


1 comment:

Lowa said...

How intriguing. By you telling me you can't tell where he is, makes me want to know that much more.