Friday, May 22, 2009

haven or heaven

napa trip. my body may be back in missouri. but my head has been in the clouds since my return midweek. the house that we rented for the weekend was named napa haven. with even embroidered robes. for every one. we wore the robes every chance we had. they were apart of the uniform at the haven. or heaven. the rest of the uniform was not determined.

it really was kind of a drag though. toting around to the many wineries. by marcel. our limo driver. then being forced to drink. delicious wines. side by side with my best friends. taking pictures at every stop. and enjoying the fine tunes from the soundtrack of the weekend. all while celebrating when lemonade will be going to the chapel.

little did i know. that napa is quiet the country local. why i didnt think of this. who knows. maybe its more like. i never had to think about it before. and it makes sense now. with roosters crowing at all hours. we were surrounded by cocks. (sorry a little bachlorette humor). we spotted a billy goat on top of a mountain of hay. and then a lot of llamas. they were mean. but this might have been after we yelled 'tina' 'tina eat your food' 'eat the casserole'.

other adventures besides drinking my body weight in wine. grilling on a charcoal grill. i built my pyramid and waited patiently. i did have to call father to make sure i had done it correctly. then i lost track of time. burnt one side of the chicken. but we cut it up and no one knew the better. it turned out to be a perfect dinner. i also climbed the orange tree in lemonades backyard. per stacy's orders. to pick oranges for fresh squeezed juice. took finley to the vet to have her puppy pad wrapped. auntie jamie to the rescue. i also enjoyed tooting around san fran like a local. taking ladies to the airport. grocery shopping. lunching. i did it all. they might find me at their door step soon. with a one way ticket. just sayin'. i could get used to the california lifestyle.

3 comments:

Rachel Wilson said...

This last picture looks totally posed. I know this because my friends & I do the same thing. It's called the everyone look like you are having a blast picture pose. I love Cali too. My cousin is moving there tomorrow.

katie said...

looks like so much fun! i would not object to you moving to cali, you'd be closer to me! and your dress is so cute, hmmm....wish i lived close enough to borrow it :)

Stacy said...

Well the Governator just has one question for you. "When can you start?"