Monday, August 10, 2009

i heart kickball

i dont think i have truly expressed my love for the sport on here yet. in a way i feel like i found my lost sport. i enjoy being 'sporty'. but only to a certain extent. i grew up playing tee-ball and softball. dabbled in tennis from time to time. tried swimming in highschool (big mistake - not only for the team picture in bathing suits, but i also get swimmers ear and had to wear wax in my ears). all other sports. my moto is to just run around. and distract the other team. i.e. this works for soccer. volleyball. basketball. yadda yadda. but now. now i can use my skills from softball. and not be afraid of being hit by a 45 year old man's line drive at me, again. (this really happened in co-ed softball. i fell to the ground. because i admit. i closed my eyes). it amazes me, how such a simple sport. one that we all grew up playing in grade school. has turned into a intense. strategic. and highly skillful sport. oh how i heart kickball.

my first team. ended awhile back. with a second place finish. we played well. but the other team was dirty. and wouldnt let us win. ha.

second team of the summer. regular season, last game was last night. we are ranked in the top ten out of almost thirty teams. now we have the play offs. where i am told. anything can happen. rankings mean nothing. and its only the number of w's that stand in your way. i was nominated by my team to play in the all-star game. the weekend of the fourth of july. one girl. one boy from each team. it was different because the girls played an inning against the other leagues girls. and vice versa with the guys. kind of fun only being girls. and watching the choas unravel. here is a shot i found on the flickr site from that night. shaking hands at the end. sportsmanship is a must.

No comments: