Thursday, July 24, 2008

how can they?

i received an email from kodakgallery.com, a couple of weeks ago. letting me know that due to inactivity on the site. my account would be terminated on july 25th. come again? yeah thats right. they are going to delete my pictures. my memories. images i have been holding onto since 2004. (and if you know me at all. or have learned from reading this blog. i dont like to let go. it is very hard for me. very.) also in the email. they gave me an ultimatum. oh really kodak. you think you can pressure me into buying some lame trinket from your store. oh okay. and i get to keep my pictures. then yes. yes i will cave in. so i uploaded about 135 images from my camera. left the camera on over lunch. so then the battery died on me. so i still have about 100 images left. none of the images from today seemed printing worthy. kodak also gave me a coupon for 25% off. twist my arm. i bought a 15 oz. mug. with pictures of cory on it. so i can use it at work. and every time people comment on my mug. i can tear up. be an emotional wreck. and say yes. thats my childhood (or really teen/young adult) family puppy. my baby girl. and she has since left us for doggy heaven. wah. wah. or maybe i will save it for those cold winter mornings. when i bury myself in my blankets on the couch. and do not move all day. but drink some coffee to keep me from napping all day. and then get an emotional alone. ha.

i also went shopping last night. at a fun little boutique by work and home. anyway. they are having a big blow out sale. there is a poster in the window with color circles. and a percentage off next to each color. i guess i was ignorant for thinking that was what to go by. as nothing was marked down. but only had a color dot on the price tag. i selected two dresses. marked red. according to the signage. this would have been a 75% off each item. the other colors listed before this were green, blue and yellow. then there was a pinky-red for 75. without asking. i jumped in line to pay. apparently red=40%. i was pissed. false advertising. so i did an anonymous phone call to raise hell. well i cant really do this. its not in my nature. unless its with people at sprint about my cell phone bill. or cable company. the ditzy sales girl just confirmed that red is 40. i would like to spit on their store front. because all sales are final with the sale items.

on another note. project runway. yes. another great season. and it rocks. i feel like the talent. and creativity is back this season. i really enjoyed almost every dress on the runway last night. there were a couple that were my favorites. that did not make into the top 3. so i have showcased them below. i am 3-1 on predicting who gets voted off and the winner. yes. i rule. I have not decided on my favorite personalities on the show. there are still too many designers to really have them shine in one hour. just keep tim gunn and heidi on there and i am happy. happy as a clam. (are they really happy?)

3 comments:

Joanna said...

I loved the blue dress, too. I felt they didn't focus on it enough...so far I don't have any favs, either...I could do without the guy who adds 'licious' to every word. He better watch out, because we all know a little about the fashion industry. One day you are eeen, da next, you are OUT!

Anonymous said...

flickr

twojulies said...

oh yes. project runway. so good this season. i loved last week when tim said it looked like the one model had a diaper stuffed between her legs! and stella just needs to keep her mouth closed and sew her leather...switch to flickr by the way. no nasty emails to deal with.