Tuesday, July 1, 2008

ingrid part duece

tonight ingrid michaelson is coming back to kc. brother and i are going for round two. its at a different venue. but still small enough. that i know it will be an awesome show. i dont think i can work the rest of the day. i am so excited. i was on her website and noticed a new contest. to win a gibson guitar. how fitting. ha. too bad it is a singing contest. and us gibsons. well we were not blessed with the best vocals. we could probably enter. maybe get picked as the worst. what not to do.

here are some pics i have been meaning to post. the first is at inblooms going away happy hour. all her work buds ditched her (sans untitled. she doesnt count since she is friend and coworker). so the three of us united and had our own fun.


next. sitting at my favorite coffee shop. on a sunny friday morning. lemonade was in town. so i took a personal day. we slept in. then walked to go grab coffee. delightful. two of my favorite things. with two of my favorite gal pals. inbloom and lemonade.


and now. moving flip flops. with the new apartment. filled with boxes. i made a nice dent last night. after driving around with untitled. we dined at sweet tomato. our new favorite feasting place. helene. the lady at the front that passes out the trays. informed us about the price difference of lunch vs. dinner. more people tend to come back 4-5 times. during dinner. so it is more expensive. you would be surprised how much people can eat. she says. then told me about how kids are blowing up houses with fireworks. one boy burnt down his parents entire house. brand new house. parents need to monitor firework usage. she says. the best part of the feast. was the frozen yogurt machine at the end. with dark chocolate swirl. yum-mo. and maybe helene.

then i drove to dollar general and aldi's. it was during this part of the excursion. i hit little rocky. rocky the squirrel. i saw him. but thought he was going to either stop. or run faster. but no. he went crunch under my big ol' tires. we turned the radio off. and had a moment of silence. i felt bad. then i was yelled at dollar general. i walked in and the lady asked me to set my bag at the front. i looked at her. then said this is my purse. she said sorry thats policy. i grabbed my bag. like heck no. she then told me to zip it up. that it would be okay to walk with it then. she then proceeded to talk badly about my while i was walking off. to other customers. i did not purchase anything at her stupid store. i just wanted some shelf paper. finally found it two stores later. and spent the rest of the night riffling through boxes. kitchen. bathroom. 90% complete. closet. ugh. i have too much crap. need to purge more.

3 comments:

Lowa said...

This picture stresses me out.

Joanna said...

I agree with Laura. This is how my bedroom looks right now. I just walk out and shut the door. On a more positive note, hope you and Joe are having an awesome time at the concert...jealous!

ellenclare said...

My leg looks funny.