Monday, February 2, 2009

critic

i watched the superbowl last night. i wasnt going to. call me unamerican. but i rarely watch the game. or get too excited for the commercials. they just arent that appealing to me. and besides. after they air once. on this night. arent they just going to keep replaying. over and over. so really. its not like you miss anything. but this year. i was invited to a potluck party at serious business's place. i made a seven layer dip. decorated the top. by making a football out of the black olives. and sat and watched the whole game. every commercial. my life didnt change. sigh. i spent part of the game trying to convince the crowd to watch puppy bowl. i had completely forgotten about this glorious day. of puppy bowl repeating. all day. long. this was the first time since moving. i wish i had cable. i would then secluded myself in my apartment. and made myself sick. from eating the dip solo.

so my favorite commercial. was for coca cola. probably because i love coke. i was drinking one during the game. out of a fun glass bottle. and the song in the background was from 'peter and the wolf'. i loved watching disney's version when growing up. the behind the scene edition where they showed each of the animals. and the instrument played for them. i think the duck was an oboe. and the instrument would play while walt disney (or his apprentices) would hand draw the animal. as the song went on. the drawings then turn into animation. i loved it. one of my inspirations to play an instrument when i grew older. to only quit later. after a year and a half of fighting with my mother over band. so rebellious.

the commercial was mesmerizing. and very creative. cheerful. cleaver. it made me happy. smile. and drink my coke more. success.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKwTWtyOjgM

2 comments:

emmy-ray said...

I feel the same way, but you were a good sport about the game and all. Thanks for coming!

Stacy said...

No S-bowl for me -- it was Puppy Bowl all the way! There were some cuties!