Monday, February 9, 2009

life at the mansion

i have made it through almost a week. of living like another kind. a different breed. no boogie men have come out at night. i am actually getting used to the big. dark. house. although i had a weird encounter on sunday. it was the middle of the afternoon. and i was chatting with lemonade. since our conversations usually last hours. i needed to charge my phone toward the end of our chat. i only had my car charger.

so i went out to the car. sat in the drivers seat. with my phone plugged in. and the doggies drooling on my legs. bringing me balls. and wondering what the heck i was up to. then i noticed a small suv pulling into the drive. the house is secluded. the back faces a street. but the driveway is hidden. and a long drive before you reach the house. then there is a large circle/oval drive in front of the house. with a tasteful water fountain. ha.

i panicked. who were these people. i was sitting in my car. in my pjs. yes, at 3 pm. hadnt washed my face. brushed my hair. or teeth. i was not expecting human interaction. i then thought it was a relative of the home owners. i got off the phone and went to grab the dogs as they approached. turns out they were just out for a sunday drive. the lady in the passenger seat had her hat pulled down. the man driving just waved and kept driving. while taking a peak at the big house. probably wondering the same as i. how much is the utility bill. or even the cost of a home like this. and obviously just as startled see someone. these things dont happen in the burbs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh, I see a new reality show in the works- 'Lifestyles of the Rich and Gibson'!!!

Lowa said...

I want to see a picture of this house!