Tuesday, April 27, 2010

day 1 - week-in-the-life

i slept so hard and solid on sunday night. (that sounds bad - insert giggle). i woke in the same exact spot as when i let my head hit the pillow. i slept like a stiff. or maybe a vampire. on my back. legs straight down. arms at my side. no curling. no rolling over. i was out. after a long weekend. of friends. bachelorette bash. and bridal shower. this MOH was exhausted. but i had to rise and shine. i had a new employee starting. you might call it a promotion. but i am now managing someone other than the interns.

we went to her first day lunch at cafe trio. a great kansas city original. i had picked this place last week. thinking it would be great weather and we could enjoy the deck. but since a cold front - with rain and clouds came through. we dined inside. i had a lovely pulled pork sandwich with mango and coleslaw. and a delicious potato salad on the side. for dessert we shared a slice of banana foster cheesecake. i didnt even think about the fact we just met. and i made her share a slice on the same plate. i guess this means we are comfortable with one another right away! or she thinks i am nuts.

after work i had to go to my dog running clients. i have recently been hired to run two irish setters twice a week. murphy and jameson. murph just celebrated his first birthday over the weekend. these boys love to run. it helps with my training. they pull me along most of the way. i have gained more control, as i slowly become stronger. or when they get a little tired toward the end. running with them reminds me of funny farm the movie. DOG! enjoy a few funny clips below.



after my run. and the the rain started. my energy level was getting low. i popped in my latest netflix movie. away we go. it was cute and funny. but i also dozed off during the middle. not sure if it was me. or the movie. probably going to say me. since i seem to fall alseep during the good ones sometimes too. i have to say my favorite were his parents at the beginning. but i could be bias. since i love catherine o'hara and jeff daniels. i think that was one thing the movie lacked for me. was more of a connection with the other characters the couple went to visit. but the point of the movie was for the couple to find what they were looking for. and the focus was on their travel and experiences and not as much on the people they met along the way.

No comments: