Wednesday, April 14, 2010

open up and say...

aaahhh....

its finally spring. i am wearing the heck out of my flip flops. i find no reason to wear real shoes. its too nice out. and i want to show off my lovely pedi.

updates since my last post. i have continued my half marathon training. my shins were a little sore from the 10K but i have managed through it. i just need to remember and force myself to stretch better before and after. i went home on sunday for a long run. i was tricked. told it was a 6 mile run. which i later mapped and it was well over 8. although it is fine. i needed to be on a 8 mile route to keep up with training. but i needed to be tricked in order to do that. i realize its all mental. when you stop thinking about it. thats when it doesnt hurt. my dad and i ran the actual route of the race. so we would be prepared for all the hills.

i have been faithfully watching celebrity apprentice. and i have to say it keeps my attention for the entire two hours. which is hard to do. although i have to tolerate my mother calling bret michaels a freak. and brother ridiculing him for crying about his daughter having diabetes. he is sensitive. and won dad of the year. i also like cyndi lauper. which both of my favorite celebs on the show, seem to be the ones the other participants dislike the most. in real life, bret is in the hospital from surgery on his appendix. i wish him a safe and quick recovery.

i think all my tv watching. is taking over my life. i have cut back on the life source. but i end up watching more network tv. biggest loser for instance. i sit and relate their struggles to my running training. and with celebrity apprentice has caused me to rate my coworkers. since my technical title is the same as those on the show. i am constantly watching others. how they handle projects. and over analyzing their behaviors. i so wish we had a board room. and the donald would come in and say 'your fired'. of course without the real repercussions of a firing.

hope everyone is enjoying this lovely weather. i am happy to have it here. looking forward to all my spring and summer activities. i will try to keep this more up to date.

No comments: