Wednesday, April 28, 2010

day 3 - week-in-the-life

slow day in the neighborhood. as hump days should be. or maybe not. today was my work week thursday. so i was happy to only think about one more wake up for work this week. although my friday will consist of waking up even earlier. but then i get to climb in the backseat of the parents car. and fall back asleep.

since the theme of my week-in-the-life seem to revolve around food. i will continue. for lunch. a group of us went to blanc burgers + bottles. the new location on the plaza is perfect. it was too windy to sit outside. so we opted for the fridged air conditioned dining room. we shared truffle fries (these make my mouth water. they are truly amazing. i want to dunk everything in truffle oil. yum!), onion rings. and sweet potato fries. then jeff and i split a new burger i had never tried before. the barnyard. swiss, ham, fried egg, pickles and other fixins. it was delightful. i have always been a bit weary of an egg on a burger. to my surprise it was great. although it doesnt beat the inside out burger - with gooey, ooey blue cheese, an onion ring and bacon. you cant go wrong.



after work i came home for a run. the days are inching closer and closer to the half. i havent been running as much on my own, since i have the dogs in the evenings. but i can tell a difference. it was an awesome run. i felt good. i had a nice speed. and my body only hurt a little. my arches have bothered me since middle school. its the way i pronate. it causes shooting pain in my arches.

i should be packing for the weekend...but...some friends called for dinner and drinks. twist my arm. i can pack when i get home.

No comments: