Thursday, October 30, 2008

big day

today i met ina garten. also known by many as the barefoot contessa. at a book signing. it is also my 2 year anniversary at my job. and i saved a bunch of money on my car insurance. (not really).

the book signing was neat. very organized. with over 800 folks coming in probably 3 hours. i thought it would take longer. but we were assigned numbers. and the line moved fast. no pictures allowed with ina. so mine from the side will have to do. we had a nice conversation. with three books for her to sign. i had time to chat. she is a sweet lady. and was so very nice. although when she asked me if i was a cook. i said no. i just love to watch your show. i felt a little bit of an idiot. oh well. she wont remember. or maybe she will. maybe that will make me more memoriable.


two years. its crazy. and has gone fast. this is the first time i have made it two solid years at a job. other than the high school job at the movie theater. this is different. this is my career. i guess.

3 comments:

Stacy said...

Did she giggle the whole time? On her show she always laughs at her own words. Well, from what I remember back when I had cable...

Joanna said...

Or did she say "How great is that?" I love her. And congrats on the anniversary!

Lauren & Brian said...

Was Jeffery there with her...did she have samples of her pavlova?? It probably just wishful thinking. :)

Congrats on your 2 year anniversary!