Tuesday, October 21, 2008

consumer report

two items on my list. first. another organic beauty product added. (besides my method soap. alba chapstick. and shampoo/conditioner.) tom's of maine deodorant. i use the lavender scentl. as someone who sweats. and by sweats. it can be excessive. like i pit-out the majority of the time. i use the overnight clinical stuff. and it helps. but it stings. hurts. and i forget. but so far. should probably knock on wood. tom's is working. by working i mean. keeping me dry. and fresh. probably tmi. but i know there are others out there. who dream of botox in the under arms. like i do. but until that day. i am going with tom's.

second item. i bought my first vacuum. normally i have just received hand me downs from mother. or the last one from my brother. it was time for my very own. and the ne-mart card was paid off. so why not just add more on there. i bought a dyson. a little dyson ball. it looks like a tiny robot. like wall-e. i need a name for him. since i normally only like to clean. when i know someone is coming to visit. by visit i mean stay the night. at least. or maybe when the seasons change. i thought this purchase would help in my motivation. so i vacuumed a lot last night. it was great. i was a little apalled and disgusted by my filth. thought about taking a picture to post. but decided against it. also wondered if i should have invested in the animal version. as the mane on my head. sheds a lot. and i had to cut it out of the vacuum. but probably with more regular upkeep. i wont have this problem.

4 comments:

Lowa said...

I have always dreamed of a Dyson :)

Anonymous said...

I have the Dyson animal & I love it more than anything. I love it so much that I am even possessive of it. If anyone else uses it I get super pissed. It was the best purchase I have ever made.

Stacy said...

I want one of those so bad -- super jealous, Jamie! With our 2super-sheddy dogs, oh the jealousy...

Katie said...

excellent investment on the Dyson, i think everyone needs one of those. To think that i've been using a sub-par vacuum my entire life. Oh, the travesty!

we got The Animal for our wedding, even though we registered for it as a 'pretty sure no one will buy this for us, but what the heck, let's scan it anyways' item. (wealthy old long-lost relatives show up at the greatest times!) I love it. I sat and looked at him for a good 1/2 hour and started petting him until The Todd called me crazy. I just call mine Dyso.

First time i used him, it looked like an entire cat was in the canister (and we've been pet-less for a good 5 months). gross. but awesome.