Friday, December 19, 2008

owned

i caved. it didnt take much. just a tiny bit of persuasion. i then turned to two other girls. and did the famous peer pressure line. i'll do it, if you do. so we did. signed up for the bull riding competition. i was nervous as hell. i had no idea what to expect. i pointed out my competition from the start. there was one gal i was afraid of. she is tall. and athletic. and people like her.

my name was called. i was nervous but remained calm. a man from the crowd yelled out, 'its just like the stripper pole.' funny. and true. ha. so i climbed up. again. unsuspecting to what this would be like. and he started. they did some shimmies for girls. and i held on. flinging about. and i rode. i was #1 for round one. 33 seconds. longest of the boys too. i had to ride for a second time. the top 5 competed for the top 3. 34 seconds that round. technically i lost. to the one competitor i feared. but my overall average was better. and spectators told me i 'looked' the part. so i take that as a win in my book. she beat me by one second.

it was the second time. when i got off. something wasnt right. my right hand was throbbing. i looked down. my pointer finger was black and blue. i popped a blood vessel. i now have a burrito finger. that hurts. and is an ugly color. very tender. but it was all worth it. cowgirl up. this didnt stop me from dancing to beyonce on the way home on the party bus. it wasnt that finger. not the ring finger. if you liked, then you shoulda put a ring on it...

No comments: