Thursday, March 18, 2010

aaaah...kick it

back to my road to the 1/2 marathon. lil joj and i finished the st. patty's day 4 mile race. and we finished strong. i just remember giggling the whole time down the final stretch. because we, some how found all the energy we could to sprint down to the finish line. and i felt somewhat like pheobe from friends. with my jacket tied around my waste. and fingers tucked into my sleeves. running as fast as my tired legs could go. but i am so very proud that we did it. even in somewhat yucky weather. so proud that i had dad sign us up for a 10k next weekend. its only two more miles. sorry let me rephrase that. only two more miles. ugh. but its time in my training to do 6 miles. and the weekend i should be running a 10k is lil joj's bachlorette weekend. so probably wont get it in then. i have some pics from the race, but the site wont let me save them. i'll do some magic at work tomorrow. we wore our nebraska hats to support the womens basketball team in town for the tourney. although they had their first lost of the season that day! (yayaya - they are good). so might not be wearing those again. ha.

GF10 update: after the race, i got back on track, ran 3.5 outside on monday. took a few days off to celebrate my third favorite holiday (behind christmas and halloween) and consumed some green beverages. then i went for a short run outside again tonight. thinking it was around 2 miles, but i didnt go to my normal park, which i know the distances. felt like a neighborhood jaunt. it might snow this weekend (seriously, seriously) so i need to get all the outdoor running i can. the plan is a 5 mile run on saturday morning. probably be on a treadmill. grrrr.

finally, pics from the catwalk. i'm too sexy for my shirt, so sexy...it hurts!

all the jewels, my headband and flowers are done by my dear friend emmyray. she is available (well booking up fast!) for weddings and other social engagements. check out her site for more work.

2 comments:

Joanna said...

cute, cute, cute!

Lowa said...

I'm very proud of you! And now I have the Beastie Boys in my head :)