Wednesday, March 24, 2010

these hips dont lie

last night while falling asleep. i thought about how my creativity. and inspiration on here has been gone. buried under all those huge, piles of snow from the many storms this winter. but i can feel a hint of it coming back. i hope it will blow through with the warm breeze, when i open my french doors. and feel the spring air on my skin. but for now...

GF10 Update: i made it to 5 miles on the treadmill on sunday. i struggled through that last mile. my hips were a bit sore the next day. i could totally feel i needed a rest day on monday. one of the things that kept me going, besides my new play list (thank you x-tina and salt n pepa) is knowing whatever pain or discouragement i feel. i have a dear friend who is going through a lot more in her life right now. and she is so much stronger than i. the pain i feel has no comparison. she is my inspiration. she is my motivation. to keep going. to run a little bit harder. i admit i am nervous. scared. for this 10k on saturday. it is the longest race for me. but i will keep thinking of lowa. pushing myself to the finish line. love you lowa!!

the hips were still a bit sore yesterday on my 3 mile run outside. it took me longer to get warmed up and in a groove. i stretched them out really good after the 5 miles on sunday. my muscles were so warm and limber. i felt like i was in highschool again. warming up to cheer for a game. just folded over to the floor in my butterfly. maybe that was it. maybe i stretched too much. runner friends - any ideas? advice?

2 comments:

Joanna said...

I read in Real Simple that you don't have to stretch before your run, only after. But I'm no expert...I have been having problems with cramps...regardless if I'm on an empty stomach or ate an hour or so earlier...runner friends, give us advice! :)

Jmeg said...

Yes joj, I have heard that too. But i think this was over stretching after. I think cramps come with the territory. Maybe we need to join a support group. wah. wah.