Monday, January 19, 2009

positive sally

on a day. when i would like to be grumpy. resentful. and bitter. that i am at work. while others are enjoying the day off. to recognize a national holiday. to celebrate mlk jr. day. i will take that negative energy. and purge out a 'me likey' list. in the spirit of the king. i am trying to be positive. realizing with no one on the other end bugging me. i can be somewhat productive.

me likey:
  • a clean desk. i was able to file papers. push papers. recycle papers. clear the top of my desk. i added a new mouse pad. that is also a notepad. so my multiple sticky notes. that aligned my desk. have been condensed to a few.
  • slumdog millionaire. a great film. really enjoyed it. it had everything. love. brotherhood. made you think. well done.
  • thrifting. and lunching at andres with two yulies. i woke up early for this event. (in my book 9:30 on a weekend is extremely early). and i found a new treasure. more on that tomorrow.
  • new moon. the second book in the vampire series. the chapters are just flying by.
  • when stac texts me random memories from college. stories she is sharing with her man. like when i used the terms 'hanging down thingy' in public speaking class in college. while referring to the pituitary gland. it just came out. yikes. or when i slammed my face into a handicap sign outside of tarjay. and she almost had to take me to the hospital. ha.
  • knowing we are one more day closer to spring time.
  • that i have a friend. serious business. who is very talented. and willing to make a fun head piece for my hair. to wear at lemonades wedding.
  • to remind my mother. that i will be getting a great dane soon. that its getting closer. even with all her hesitation. discouraging words.
  • to keep persuading father. that he needs a vespa. and we should go buy them together for a good discount.
  • that my spring is almost booked solid with dog sitting jobs.

2 comments:

emmy-ray said...

by the by we need to dialog about that hairpiece soon.

Stacy said...

I heart you child. And by heart, I mean, seriously seriously love you.