Monday, January 5, 2009

thief

after napping until noon. making my german soft boiled eggs. watching a slow. and odd movie. the good night. i decided to be somewhat productive with my sunday. laundry time. and for the first time since moving into my building. i was going to venture downstairs. to use the building laundry facilities in the basement. since it was still light out. and the boogie man. or mini me's biggest fear. zombies. couldnt get me.

sorted. bagged. collected my quarters. whites/lights first. (my mother freaks when she sees me sorting laundry. but i refuse to waste water on a load of only whites. and then a pink and blue shirt. wasteful). i had found a few dollars in quarters around my apartment. which would only get me through two loads. of washing. and one load of drying. i went to grab a coffee. had a terrible headache. and realized i hadnt had caffeine since friday. egads. i then got two more dollars in change when i paid for my latte.

back at the pad. i went downstairs to start my dark load. and so forth. i then also snooped a little. ron and judy have a little room down there. with odds and ends. and i also noticed next to the w/d. on top of a cabinet. little glass figurines. there were two horses. smelled like cologne. i recognized them from antique shops. they are vintage avon horse cologne bottles. they are pretty cool. so i brushed the cobwebs off. thought about it for a second. then grabbed them to display next to my desk. i also looked for a light bulb. since my fridge bulb went out about a month ago. but i didnt find one small enough. and the other problem. i cant get the old bulb out. ugh. so i stole those little horseys. but i feel like they were waiting for me. calling my name. and they will probably just be thrown away someday. or this will come back to haunt me. my year will be ruined. judy will probably call me. announcing they dont like tenants that take trash from the basement.


i did end up running out of quarters. the dryer sucks. and left me with a damp load of whites. after 3 tries. i gave up. and called untitled. pleaded to her. of my troubles. she said certainly i could come over. and she even fed me french silk pie.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The entire time (well, until near the end) I was reading your post, I thought for sure that you would say that someone broke into your place while you were doing your laundry. Instead, you ended up being the thief. Nice use of suspense.

Anonymous said...

I was thinking the same thing as RR. I was feeling so bad for you thinking that you were robbed. Now I am just feeling sorry for Judy. j/k those horseys needed a good home instead of being shunned to the basement. They are show horseys.

Joanna said...

Agreed with the other comments. Not only did you steal, you also got rewarded with pie! Nice work :)