Tuesday, April 29, 2008

down fall

i cant help but rant about the over sexualization of young girls. and it seems to only get worse. and worse. it is sad to me that new bars opening in our city have decided to have the female wait staff wear nothing but lingerie. and at another undies and chaps. with very sexual motions involving a bull. i mean. is this really what draws people to attend. to stand in line for an hour and a half. this makes hooter restaurants look like church. are we really only animals gathering at the water troff.

did it start with britney spears. i know many celebrity news sources seem to think the 'oops i did it again,' school girl outfit was the beginning. not sure if i totally agree. but dont disagree she didnt have a hand in it. x-tina also played a fair share with her 'dirty' video. but i think they were both just puppets dangling from the 'man's' strings. and now we have musical teen sensation (i am not advocating that she is really a sensation - i really cant stand her) miley cyrus posing topless in vanity fair. it was claimed as art. but did they really think a 15 year old girl who has young girls idolizing her. that they would make the connection that her topless photos are art. these are the children that giggle at the word fart. and the fact she is still a minor herself.

it has always bothered me. i think i first noticed the skimpy outfits around halloween while in college. not sure if it relates to my age at the time. if thats why it became more and more apparent. but it was the year my friends and i dressed as jem and the holograms. while out at the bars. more girls showed up with the slutty outfits. or as we like to name them. sexy firefighter. sexy nurse. sexy rainbow brite. this saddened me mostly because i like the creative aspect of dressing up. the challenge of thinking of a fun outfit. finding all the pieces. like a treasure hunt and then the reveal. where people recognize you and congratulate. for these girls. its like congratulations. you look like you have zero brain cells. and spent a lot of money on practically nothing.

this also makes me want to take back some of my post from yesterday. my dancing is harmless. far from anything explicit. nothing to be ashamed of. but i do think i will stop reporting my GF08 happenings. i have come to the conclusion. the idea behind my goal to look like a golden goddess/hot bod in my swimsuit this summer is far from being met. but i also dont think that is the reason. i know i will never be on the front cover of sport illustrator swim suit edition. (which dont get me started on that complete magazine of filth). it has become more about enjoying my time while running. not dreading the workout routine. but looking forward to it. and the great feeling of satisfaction and accomplishment when i finish each run. i have always felt comfortable in my own skin. even in my camel toe spring break bikini bottoms. no one is perfect. and the thought of striving for that. its not me. unless i make some real progress in my running. i wont report.

No comments: