Tuesday, April 8, 2008

s

s is for...

sex and the city. a wonderful show. and what i hope to be an excellent movie as well. it was a television show that in a sense changed me. my outlook. my actions. it influenced me a lot. i am not sure if it was more because i started watching it in college. which as we all know is a very pivotal time in a young persons life. or if it was actually the show. it has funny. friendships. scandal. fashion. cosmopolitans. men. well and sex. it is liberating for women. it is real. takes what you think are the oddest situations. no that doesnt really happen. but nope it does. men really do break up over post it notes. i get chills every time i watch the trailer for the movie. mainly for the unknown. what possibly could happen. so my kc girls and i will drink cosmos. get dressed up. and watch the movie in true SATC fashion.



s.j.p. or sarah jessica parker. my icon. well mainly style icon. and hair. it started in the 80s when she was in girls just want to have fun. she has since only become better with time. as has fashion. and my taste. as herself. as carrie. as her other characters. i admire. adore. and mimic as much as possible. and my final word. gap never should have dropped her from their ad campaign.

serenity now. a favorite statement. popularized by another favorite show. seinfeld. i'll save the true testimonial for t. about my love for television. i grew up watching jerry. elaine. george. and kramer. i still wear my k-man t-shirt to bed. the one i bought in the sixth grade from bmg. i now end each evening watching the foursome. while falling asleep. (thank you jeremiah for waking my sweet slumber last night to gloat about the ku game). it is classic tv. and i hope that someday my children will watch the comedy. just as i have watched leave it to beaver? ha.

storms. i love thunderstorms. well mainly when snuggled in bed. sleeping 'in'. and not when i have to go to work. and walk in it. there was a wicked storm last night. major thunder. and some lightening. the house where i am working this week. has a huge electrical tower one block away. lightening would strike. and i seriously didnt think i would wake with a house around me. ok. maybe stretching it a tad. but as a person who normally sleeps through them. with no problem. it was loud.


GF08: testing out the treadmill upstairs. i am dog sitting. and actually the treadmill is in the cat room/loft area. so this could be veerrryyy interesting.

No comments: