Thursday, April 3, 2008

p

p is for...

phone. i remember a day when i looked forward to talking on the phone. it was basically my nightly routine. i mean how odd. looking back. that we would sit on the phone. usually 3 way dialed. and just talk about nothing for hours. it baffles me. my parents had to have phone time restrictions. and then they gave in. we added the teen line. there were also the times. when everyone would three way call. so the number of people was ever growing. i now have a hard time talking on the phone. i really dont like it much at all. this makes it hard with friends living across the country. i am not sure if it is because of email. or online social networking. that has altered my feelings on phone conversations. it might play a small part. but i really do think i prefer face-to-face interaction rather than phone. a quick. needed conversation is fine. and i really do enjoy my chats with my bffs. but i admit. i dont call as much as i should.


p.p.s. or professional party starters. over the years. my girls and i have been to our fair share of weddings. this is more about the wedding receptions. after the food. a couple of drinks. the music starts. the couple does their diddy. then the other father/mother dances. when the guests are welcomed out to the floor. most stay in their seat. this is where the p.p.s. come into play. we have named our group this. as we do just that. we like to get the party started. there is no fear of looking a fool. we dance. and laugh. encourage other guests. make them feel comfortable on the dance floor. usually during the night we incorporate a soul train. this tends to be a crowd favorite. some day we hope to make a business out of it. until then. we help those near and dear. and make their wedding reception a fun one. to say the least.


pens. pencils. pretty much office supplies. i love getting new supplies. but i stay true to the pilot g-2. there have been others. imposters. they never seem to compare. to a black. g-2. i enjoy my thin sharpies. the colors are fun. but its hard to write for a long time. more for craft time.

GF08: 4 miles last night. my shins started to bother me after a mile around the track. not sure if 5 is in the future next week. or if four is a good number for now. maybe once i get outside. it wont be as bad. i just get bored on the treadmill for too long. and the stinky old man. that farts. and has awful b.o. that has no problem watching me the whole time. yeah. he kind of affects my running.

2 comments:

Katie said...

P is for progress.

Congrats on the 4 miles! I love hearing about your progress and I'm excited you keep running even though Mr. Stinky Pants and The Painful Shins are there.

Stacy said...

The kiddies LOVE a soul train.