Tuesday, May 20, 2008

excitement

it is in the air. i have some big things coming up in the next couple of weeks. things that keep me from focusing. sitting still for too long. make me jump up and down. stand on my chair. and scream. do cartwheels. stand on my head and spit nickels. (never understood that one). is it possible?
  • going to granny's house this weekend (not looking forward to the long drive). but it will be some good qt time with pat. and granny. and bruno. i suppose. not to mention all the cousins. and pat's new vehicle has the ipod hook-up so we can listen to tunes. even when the radio goes out.
  • sex and the city. movie. next week. aaahh. i can hardly wait. it better be good. otherwise. it might be a long time before i get this feeling of excitement.
  • birthday celebration. same night as satc movie. cheers!
  • actual birthday. which means dinner. drinks. ice cream cake. and presents.
  • more birthday celebration for mother and cory lynn love.
  • stacy comes back to ks for a visit
so over the weekend i sat out on a clients deck. it was after a day of volleyball. (all i wanted to do was spike. and slam the ball. in yo' face. my attempt was sad. but the ref laughed = success). anywho. didnt put on the ol' spf. stupid. this was one of the first times my chest had a full on sun exposure. i then looked like lobster woman. opposed to lobster girl from my childhood. so then on monday morning. pre coffee. trying to get my coffee. everyone who encountered me. decided it was a good time to point out. the obvious. oh. looks like you got some sun. what did you do. i kid you not. i mean it was just a little ridiculous the amount of people. so hadnt had my coffee yet. i dont like talking to people in the a.m. so i smugged them. made a couple of short comments back. and then proceeded to mock them. its sunny out. people get sun burnt. it happens. and i will never say this to someone. make the obvious comments of sun exposure. because as everyone knows. me = perfect. and i am done venting.

1 comment:

Joanna said...

Yes, lots of excitement! I love summer time. And I, too, love the comments people make when you get burnt. I'll never forget the last summer I spent selling tix at the L4 and got a horrible sunburn...I wanted to make a t-shirt that read: OH REALLY? I'M BURNT? OMG, THANKS FOR LETTING ME KNOW!