Monday, March 10, 2008

age 3

one of my most favorite accomplishments is being a master at the game of memory at age 3. one of my earliest memories is sitting on my parents bed and begging a family member to play with me. it wasnt with fancy, cartoon character cards. i was playing with a full deck. (no pun intended). the fact that i could beat all my family members (or from what i can remember), i declared myself a memory game champion.

my gift, although it can help or hinder at times, has remained with me and was very present this past weekend.

how it helps: i am a human gps. take me some place once and i will be able to find my way home forever after that. this helped me when i was at a friends house some where in bfe and needed to get home. i had been to his place only once prior and that was after a night of heavy drinking, so my memory was a tad rough. my trek this past weekend was in the morning after a night of hitting the ol' bottle and i somehow stumbled across a familiar highway and eureka i was on my way home.

how it hinders: i look like a crazy stalker of some sort. i was out at the new power and light district downtown when i spotted my good friend from work. i went over to chit-chat and see how her night was going. she was talking to some british gentlemen and fascinated by their accents. i began to make friends with the blokes and learned that they were military and staying at the nearby military base for a month. i noticed one of the guys looking at me. looking at me as if he recognized me. like a light bulb went off. it was then that my light bulb went off as well. or as i later learned, possibly the only light bulb. it was almost 3 years ago. my friend: my blog and i were visiting stacy's five cents for her birthday. we went out to a random bar in virginia where we met some british military men. we made friends, shared drinks and danced the night away. we took a lot of pictures. ones that we have since been posted on myspace or even one that was so memorable that it has lived in cubicles and picture frames on end tables. so there before me was that guy. that same guy who we had met 3 years prior and i recognized him from our pictures. i wasnt going to say anything. b/c as you are probably also thinking how the heck to explain this. that i met him one night and could remember his face from that long ago. but the beer had control over my better judgment and i opened the jaws and flapped away. he took it lightly while his friends joked that i was like single white female. oh well. it gave my blog, stac5cents and i, a good laugh. as well as made me over analyze the fact that i ran into him twice. what does this mean? why did our paths cross again?


2 comments:

Joanna said...

As Nikki always says...everything happens for a reason. Wonder what reason this is? Curious.

Stacy said...

I don't know but I am hoping that you got another picture of him pretending to eat a cigarette on a fork...