Thursday, March 13, 2008

a

i have received a challenge from my friend, twoyulies. she has been inspired by a meme - something that rhymes with dream - basically a list of questions that you see somewhere that you're motivated to answer. her challenge to me is to be inspired by the alphabet. so, i'm going to take a letter a day and answer "a (and so on) is for..." something that relates to my life. and it starts today.

a is for...

apples. although the obvious choice they are a new found snack for me. i have never been much of a fruit person. in fact the normal response when i see fruit is a crinkled nose and look of disgust. as i have gotten older i have expanded my taste buds. one of which just started in the last 6 months. on my hunt eat to healthier i picked up a couple of apples at the store. i now try to have an apple as my afternoon snack with a slice of cheese. i used to prefer granny smith. but now i am open to all varieties. but they must be sliced with no core.


apple. as in the company. i love my mac powerbook. my ipod (vintage). my nano (upgrade). their commercials. the songs on their commercials. playing with untitled.'s iphone and pretending to grab things with my fingers.

almonds. another new favorite snack. i have a box sitting in my top drawer at work. i usually munch on around 3:30 when my energy level gets low. and i need a snack.

advertising. i guess. its the industry that i have chosen for my career path thus far. it pays the bills. it stresses me out. it is essentially everywhere. but at the end of day it can also make me happy. it can make me laugh. it can make me smile. and it can also inspire me.

2 comments:

Joanna said...

Very cute idea! And nice picture, glad you're already using the new digi.

twojulies said...

yeah! I'm proud of you for doing this and for actually EATING fruit! Amazing, james!