Monday, March 24, 2008

h

h is for...

happy hour. not because i am a lush. which may or may not be true. its more about the food. or the idea of being able to go to cool places that i wouldnt otherwise attend. i can afford to drink. eat. be happy. half off bottles of wine. cheap martinis. hors d'oeuvres. appetizers. all during those peak hours of the day. my only complaint about hh. is the times. i rarely can make it out of the office in time. it has to be a special planned event. or reversed happy hour. i always look forward to a nice hh. especially in the spring time. sitting out on the patio. with a refreshing drink. good company. a satisfied appetite. shed the winter coat. let the warmth of the sun cover your skin. and knowing summer is just around the corner.

hair. its kind of my thing. cutting it. growing it out. blow drying. coloring. curling. straightening. i love my hair. and all that comes with it. my girls describe my hair as doll hair the majority of the time. my hair has a natural wave. which i used to curse. that was before i learned how to style it. and work with what i have. i love the challenge of trying new things. new stylist. new product. sharing stories with friends. again. its my thing.

speaking of hair. here is a picture of cory from my trip home on easter. we were bored. she told me. waiting for my parents to return. i ate a cadburry egg. she was very jealous. i just mentioned they were not her friends. gave her a beef bone marrow treat instead. then we were both content. until i ate dinner in front of her. she sits right next to me while i eat. that is the next picture.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Helen is so gorgeous...miss that face!