Friday, March 7, 2008

the day the chi died

it happened. after 6 years of hard work, my chi dies on me this morning. the chi is my ceramic hair straightener that was the best thing to ever happen to my wavy hair. i can literally go from my natural crazy waves/curls to sleek straight hair in minutes. the chi has also been key for my recent cut of bangs, without the gentle glide of the chi, my bangs look weak.

i wont let it ruin my day. i was almost done, had about 3 more sections of hair and my bangs when it died. i tried plugging it into another outlet. turned it on. then off. then on. and back off. again, i am dog sitting and just my luck this house had a straightener i could borrow. (now i feel it best to let you know, i do not go digging through drawers or anything like this. besides the pyrex from yesterday which i did have to look in the kitchen cabinets, i did not go snooping or such).

there is a light snowy mix going on outside. again, i will not let this ruin my day. i have plans with my mother and her bff/cousin to meet them out for a nice lunch and shopping. i will be looking for a replacement for my chi. i just hope i dont buy something and then find out the old one is just playing possum.

i also hope to pick up a digital camera some time soon, so i can add some flair to the page. some images of the dogs i sit for, the children and just overall worthy items. i have never owned a digital camera. i just relied on others and never had the desire. but i feel it is time to get out of the stone age and become a photographer (or atleast someone who has a camera).

GF08 update: no workout last night. i had a work related dinner for the internship program i am co-chairing. i had a light dinner and glass of pino noir. and a lot of ass kissing. delightful.

1 comment:

twojulies said...

arghhhhh. how dreadful. i'd go for the wet/dry chi. hear they're splendid.