Friday, March 14, 2008

b

b is for...

bumblebees. of course. if you havent noticed by the theme of my page. i have for some odd reason. non-explainable. a love for bumblebees. i collect trinkets. inked a bee on my hip. held a nickname as the queen bees with Stac. i just find them so cute and cheerful. they can brighten my day. especially when i find a new treasure. my cubicle is displayed with them. my bedroom. and they have even buzzed their way into the bathroom and kitchen.

boys. who enjoy playing football in the open lot. across the street from my office building. randomly on a thursday afternoon. and with their shirts off. with their hot bods. muscles rippling when they run. ha. no i am not into all that sort of thing. but it was odd and made my afternoon break a little more exciting. especially since the boys: one. hung their shirts on a tree. two. it was not hot out. three. the sun was not out. and four. they could not catch the football to save their lives. but it gave us girls something to holla about. maybe they will be back today.

babies. i love them. there is nothing more calming and beautiful than a little person. so cozy. warm. and soft. i love holding babies. the noises they make. the smell. sans crying. and dirty diapers. but i must say at this stage in my life. the best part of babies is that i can give them back to their moms. its the best of both worlds.

basketball. the big 12 tournament is going on this weekend in kc. this means chaos for the next couple of days. masses of people will be swarming my favorite hot spots. i do get annoyed by large crowds. but sometimes if you suck it up. it could lead to unexpected fun. go big red!

brunch. a favorite weekend past time. getting out of bed. wash my face. throw on some clothes. pull back my hair into a pony. sometimes a baseball cap. go to a local eatery. this usually is eggtc. but can vary. the most important part of brunch is not just the coffee. eggs. bacon. hashbrowns. chocolate milk. no. those are all fabulous. the best part of brunch. is that its early enough that you can go back home afterwards. with a full belly. and take a nap.

beers. on a lazy friday afternoon with my friend coxie. stella. mmm good. i also enjoy many other brews. but its also about the company. atmosphere. and then how well it goes down. love.

GF08: big step last night. literally. made it to my 3 mile mark in 30 mins. another pb. i plan to try to do the same tonight. possibly use the track. then sit in excited anticipation for my friends coming into town for the weekend.

1 comment:

Katie said...

1. way to go on GF08, i'm super psyched you hit 3 miles in 30, you rockstar!

2. i'm going to totally agree with you and say go big red (but only b/c they're playing those jayhawks).