Tuesday, March 18, 2008

d

d is for...

dogs. i am immediately attracted to the k9 fur balls. the person who sees one walking down the street and lights up when i see a dog. i like to smile. talk to them. pet them. hug. kiss. love them. they bring me joy and happiness. here is a picture of my friends great dane. doby. i hope to get a great dane of my own someday. i would like to get a black and white one. name her vivian.


and i totally forgot to give a shout out to cory lynn love yesterday for c. cory is my family's chocolate lab. she has many nicknames. princess always seems appropriate. my friends also like to call her helen keller b/c she will try to grab food off the table. like helen would do in the movie. she is very much a begger. enjoys all human food. she is a beast. i had to beg and beg to get her. she is technically registered to me for her akc paperwork. but now that i have moved out. she is my parents baby. the glue that keeps them talking about when she goes #2 or if she had her pills for the day. cory is an old lady. getting ready to celebrate her 13th birthday in june. like me and my mom, she is a gemini. i dread the day that she will have to leave our family. but i know she will be happy eating treats. chasing balls and sleds. and swimming in her pool in puppy heaven.

dogsitting. has become my part time business. it started 3 years ago as a favor for a friend. she then recommended me to a friend. that continued. and has kept going through the years. it has also helped that i have switched jobs. as that always brings in new clients. as mentioned above. i just enjoy being around doggies and with my nurturing nature i get a great feeling while caring for others' dogs. i hope to eventually either open my own business of a doggy daycare or find a profession working with dogs. possibly a trainer. or a person who works with dogs on photo shoots or movie sets.

dancing. i feel this can best be explained in song. i've got rhythm. i've got music. who could ask for anything more. its in my soul. please read a past post 'the message' for more detail on my most recent dance adventure. i can dance anywhere and at anytime. it goes all the way back to my days in car seats. my dad claims he would put on "bird is the word" while in the car. i would go crazy. apparently i was a little rump shaker back in the day. now i like to shake my money maker. and my milkshake does bring all the boys to the yard.

1 comment:

Calamity J said...

JG! I love dogs too, especially great danes!!! I love the picture:)

If I had a great dane, I would name her Petunia...ha!